Call for proposal: King’s College London - French Embassy funded Research and Innovation Joint Workshops
The call for application is open.
Deadline: 29 November 2019.
The King’s-French Embassy Joint Research and Innovation Workshop aims to building on existing and exploring new links between King’s College London and French academic and research organisations and establishing new directions for possible research collaborations. It will promote collaborative research activities, identify synergies, and seed fund the development of future joint research projects.
a) should nominate one lead academic from King’s and one lead academic representing participating French institutions
b) should have the proposal submitted by the lead academic at King’s
c) should have a minimum of 6 and maximum of 8 participants (including the lead academics), including a minimum of 3 academic staff and/or researchers based in France. Any change of the participants after submitting the application should be reported and approved.
d) should nominate a member of staff at King’s (either from professional service or one of the participating academics) as the workshop coordinator to organise the event and manage the logistic of travel
e) should be capable of being run at King’s College London’s facilities within the Workshop budget
f) should have a budget of maximum of £3,000
g) the workshop needs to take place by 31st July 2020
The Joint workshop fund will support one-night accommodation for French academics and researchers in London. Hence, a suggested structure will be a two-day workshop at King’s College London, with international travel on the days of the workshop and a dinner on the first day.
The proposals for the Joint Workshop will be selected on a competitive bid basis, restricted to collaborative Workshops between Academic staff and/or Researchers based at King’s College 2 London and Researchers based at universities, “grandes écoles” and research organisations within France, focusing across all fields represented by the faculties of King’s College London.
Participants should include both senior and junior faculty members, and/or postdoctoral researchers at King’s and in French institutions.
Students, particularly postgraduate students, are welcome to join as
The proposal should include the following information:
• Timeframe and structure of the workshop (including potential dates)
• Budget plan (please click here for the budget table)
• Written endorsement statements from the lead academics’ faculty/department respectively. (At King’s, academics should obtain the endorsement from both the Head of Department and Vice Dean International of the Faculty)
• CV about both lead academics
• Short profiles of all King’s and French participants
• A workshop coordinator at King’s based at the lead academic’s Department/Faculty
Proposals should be submitted by Friday, 29th November 2019
The result of awards will be announced in w/c 16th December 2019
Workshop must take place before 31st July 2020.
Funding for joint research workshops is provided on a competitive basis. Projects will be selected by a joint committee of King’s and the French Embassy, giving particular attention to the following criteria:
• Clearly formulated and demonstrable objectives of the workshop
• Information on envisaged synergies between the PIs/research units
• Level of concreteness of future joint grants, incl. timeframe and information on expected, funding programs and steps for developing a joint grant proposal
• Compatibility with the French and King’s research profiles (interdisciplinary nature, excellence of project leaders, scope of the different fields/labs represented in the proposed workshop)
King’s Global Engagement
For any query about the joint call, please contact
Dr Yuchun Chiang Mathews
Partnerships Manager (Funding & Impact, Australia), Global Engagement
King’s College London