Franco-Scottish Strategy Meeting - Auld Alliance [fr]
As part of its mission to promote research collaborations between France and the United Kingdom, the Higher Education, Research and Innovation Department of the French Embassy in London is launching a new call for applications aiming at facilitating exchanges and meetings between researchers from France and Scotland.
The Department provides the logistics and financial support for a 2-day meeting in Edinburgh for 12 to 20 participants (per meeting) to meet, exchange, brainstorm and discuss the best way to bring to life an emerging collaborative project. Priority will be given to multidisciplinary applications in line with research and higher education priorities set up by both Governments. When appropriate, we also strongly encourage the private sector to be involved.
This call is especially intended for teams that have already identified potential opportunities and are willing to work on a practical and strategic project (including but not restricted to European Universities, Doctoral Training Programmes, etc.) and/or to prepare applications for funding (SFC, UKRI, ANR, etc.) aiming at beginning or strengthening an international scientific collaboration.
The Higher Education, Research and Innovation Department will provide support for:
- Travelling costs for all the meeting participants (low cost air travel and equivalent standard class for train travel – European travels only);
- Accommodation and lunch catering for all the meeting participants.
- Meeting facilities: all selected meetings will be hosted within the Institut Francais d’Ecosse (West Parliament Square, Edinburgh EH1 1RF).
Experience shows that the best format for this type of meeting is as follows:
Each application (up to 20 participants) must be co-led and coordinated by an existing relationship between a French public partner and a Scottish public partner (universities, public research bodies). However, the other participants can represent any type of organisation such as startups, companies, charities, regulatory body, etc.
Upon justifications that their skills are required by the project, participants can be based outside of France or Scotland, in which case they will be considered under the same conditions. Should some participants come from outside the European Research Area, travel costs will be incurred by the consortium and not by the HERI department.
All disciplines are welcome as long as they are included in the national research priorities of Scotland and France. Priority will however be given to multidisciplinary proposals.
Please fill in the attached application form and send it by email to info[at]ambascience.co.uk.
You are free to apply either in French or in English.
The jointly submitted project will include:
- names and affiliations of the participants involved in the project (individuals from the same institution/laboratory must show different skills to bring added value to the project);
- description of the project and skills of the various institutions/laboratories involved (with an emphasis on the possible synergies);
- brief description of existing links between the researchers involved (joint PhD between labs, previous visits of researchers…);
- a specification of the types/sources of funding you intend to apply for as a follow up of this meeting.
All submitted projects will be evaluated for quality and relevance. All applications will be responded to within 4 weeks after the deadline.
By applying, both co-leaders agree, if successful, to provide:
|A short summary, presenting the purpose of the meeting and the attendees (a few lines)||Within a couple of weeks after the meeting||To be posted on our website|
|A more detailed report about the meeting and its initial outcome (2 pages)||Within a month after the meeting||Short term internal and confidential follow-up|
|Response to a brief on-line questionnaire by the 2 leaders of the meeting||One and two years after the meeting||Long term internal and confidential follow-up (update on any further development of the project)|
Call for applications: "second half of 2019"
- As a Scottish coordinator, applying to this Franco-Scottish Strategic meeting call for applications will disqualify you from being coordinator at the “Franco-British seed meeting” call for applications.
- Application deadline: 1st May 2019.
- The selected participants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 1st June 2019.
- The meeting should take place, on agreed dates, between 1st july and November 2019.
Please send any request and your application by email to info[at]ambascience.co.uk by 1st May 2019
- Application form
- (Word - 47.2 kb)