Funding for Seed Meetings [fr]
The meetings should take place between February and mid-July 2018.
As part of its mission to promote scientific and technological collaborations between France and the United Kingdom, the Higher Education, Research and Innovation Department (Service Enseignement Supérieur, Recherche et Innovation - ESRI) of the French Embassy aims to facilitate exchanges and meetings between scientists of both countries and reinforce their position within the European Research Area (ERA).
The Department provides the logistics and financial support for a 2-day meeting in London for a maximum of 20 scientists (per meeting) to meet, exchange and discuss priorities for an emerging collaborative project. Priority will be given to multidisciplinary applications.
This call is especially intended for teams willing to work on a practical strategy and/or prepare applications for funding (Horizon 2020, etc.) for an international scientific collaboration with a European perspective.
The Higher Education, Research and Innovation Department will provide support for:
- Travelling costs for all the meeting participants (low cost air travel and equivalent 2nd class for train travel – European travels only);
- Accommodation and lunch catering for all the participants.
- Meeting facilities: all selected meetings will be hosted within our premises in London (South Kensington).
Experience shows that the best format for this type of meeting is as follows:
- Day 1: arrival and buffet lunch;
- Day 1: afternoon dedicated to the presentation of the various institutions/laboratories involved and the specific skills each scientist can bring into the project;
- Day 2: participants work on the elaboration of the collaborative network within a European perspective (morning or the entire day).
Each application must be led by an existing relationship between a scientist from a French research institution (universities, public research laboratories, private research institutions) and a scientist from a British research institution.
The additional partners can be based in other EU countries or ERA associated countries.
Scientist coordinators must come from a research institution. However, additional participants can represent any type of organization such as startups, companies, charities, etc.
Please fill in the attached application form and send it by email to info[at]ambascience.co.uk.
You are free to apply either in French or in English.
The submitted projects will include:
- names and affiliations of the scientists involved in the project (scientists from the same institution/laboratory must have different skills);
- description of the scientific project and skills of the various institutions/laboratories involved (with an emphasis on the possible synergies);
- brief description of existing links between the scientists involved (Joint PhD between labs, previous visits of researchers…);
- in case those have already been identified, a specification of the types/sources of funding (e.g. Horizon 2020) you intend to apply for as a follow up from this meeting.
All submitted scientific projects will be evaluated for quality and relevance.
All applications will be responded to within 3 weeks of the deadline.
By applying, applicants indicate their agreement if successful to provide:
|A short summary, presenting the purpose of the seed meeting and the attendees (1/2 page)||Within a couple of weeks after the meeting||To be posted on our website|
|A more detailed report about the meeting and its initial outcome (2 pages)||Within a couple of weeks after the meeting||Short term follow-up|
|Response to a brief on-line questionnaire by the 2 leaders of the seed meeting||One and two years after the meeting||Long term follow-up |
(update on any further development of the project)
- Application dates: 16 October 2017 to 24 November 2017.
- The selected participants will be notified in December 2017.
- The meetings should take place between February and mid-July 2018.