Moving house ?

Changing address

If you move or change your postal address you can modify your details online at any time by logging on to the government’s website:

Each modification will be reported onto your consular card and certificate of registration. You can print those by logging into your account at

Moving back to France

If you move back to France, you need to cancel your registration at the French citizens register. Please do not forget to cancel your registration on the electoral roll.
If you need to prove your residence time abroad, you can download and print your certificate of delisting.

Moving to another country

If you wish to settle in another country, you will be asked to modify your home address online. Your file will be automatically transferred to your new consular service. Once the transfer has been made, you can access your information and your new certificate of registration in your file holder at

Published on 13/07/2016

top of the page