Theft/loss of ID Card or Passport

What do I need to do if my ID card or passport is stolen?

You must go the local police station to report it before you come to the consulate. There you will be given a “crime number”. You must then go to the consulate as soon as you can, and follow the procedure to renew your documents.

What do I need to do if I lose my ID card or passport?

You need to go the consulate to report the loss, where you will be given a statement that will allow you to renew your documents.

Published on 15/11/2012

top of the page